About the city
About the Council
Why join us?
How to join us
Job of the week
As a Council employee, you can look forward to:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against other local government authorities and reviewed annually.
- The Local Government Pension Scheme, a contributory (6%) final salary pension scheme.
- At least 24 days' holiday a year, rising to 29 days after 5 years, plus public and bank holidays.
- A full range of family friendly policies, including generous maternity and paternity entitlements.
- Flexible working patterns, including options to work flexi-time, part time hours, job share and term time working.
- A Childcare Voucher Scheme, enabling you to save Tax and National Insurance contributions on the cost of your childcare.
- Holiday Childcare Scheme (BAND)
- Discounted gym membership